In November 2022, MV Agusta announced a significant change in its corporate structure.  A strategic partnership with Pierer Mobility, the parent company of KTM, promised new paths for the Italian motorcycle brand.  KTM has now increased its stake in MV Agusta to 50.1 percent.

A change in management and strategy

KTM took the initiative and increased its stake in MV Agusta much faster than expected.  In March 2024, KTM became the majority shareholder with a 50.1 percent stake, while the remaining 49.9 percent remained with the previous owner Timur Sardarov.  Sardarov, who previously led MV Agusta as CEO, now takes on the role of Vice Chairman as well as brand ambassador and advisor.

 

KTM’s plans for MV Agusta

With the takeover, KTM promises to increase MV Agusta’s production.  The aim is to increase the annual production capacity of the plant in Varese to 10,000 premium motorcycles.  Hubert Trunkenpolz, a long-standing member of the Pierer Mobility board and now the new CEO of MV Agusta, emphasized that MV Agusta is a “jewel” of the industry.  He reiterated that there are no plans to relocate production; MV Agusta will remain in Italy to preserve its identity and heritage.

 

The financial dimension of the partnership

As part of the strategic investment, KTM invested 30 million euros for a 25.1 percent stake in MV Agusta, even before gaining majority ownership.  This financial injection and subsequent majority acquisition reflects Pierer Mobility’s strong commitment to positioning MV Agusta in the global market while strengthening the premium motorcycle segment.

 

What does this partnership mean for MV Agusta?

The partnership with Pierer Mobility promises to give MV Agusta greater visibility and financial stability.  In addition, access to Pierer Mobility’s global distribution network will enable wider availability of MV Agusta models.  With the planned investments in production and development, the company aims to consolidate and expand its position as a manufacturer of high-quality motorcycles.

 

Looking to the future

While KTM brings its experience in the production and marketing of motorcycles, MV Agusta retains its Italian identity and heritage.  The combination of KTM’s industrial leadership and MV Agusta’s renowned design and engineering promises exciting developments for the future.  Let’s hope that MV Agusta can retain its independence despite the majority shareholding in KTM.

 

Bestseller Nr. 1
Bestseller Nr. 2
Motorrad Aufkleber Motorrad Räder Felge Reflektierende Aufkleber Aufkleber Für MV Für Agusta F3 Für Brutale 800 675 1090 F4 RR Rad Aufkleber Felgenaufkleber (Color : 4, Size : Rear)*
  • Dieser Aufkleber für Motorradfelgen ist in einer Vielzahl von Farben erhältlich. Sie können Ihr Motorrad mit Ihrer Lieblingsfarbe anpassen, um es einzigartig aussehen zu lassen.
  • Motorrad Räder Felge Reflektierende Aufkleber Aufkleber Für MV Für Agusta F3 Für Brutale 800 675 1090 F4 RR Rad Aufkleber
  • Es schützt das Innenrad Ihres Motorrads vor Kratzern und sorgt dafür, dass es besser aussieht.
  • Radreflektierendes Klebeband mit besserer Haftung, es fällt nicht leicht herunter, sodass Sie sich die Mühe der Installation ersparen können, was Ihnen ein wunderbares Erlebnis beschert.
  • Motorradnabenaufkleber sind aus wasserfestem, langlebigem, sonnenbeständigem Material und schmücken Ihr Auto. Bessere adhäsive Design macht es nicht leicht zu fallen aus, bringen Sie eine...
Bestseller Nr. 3
Hakenschlüssel für MV Agusta Motorräder mit Einarmschwinge F4 B4 750 989 990 1000 1078 1090*
  • Hakenschlüssel für MV Agusta Motorräder mit Einarmschwinge
  • passend für F4 B4 750 989 990 1000 1078 1090
  • Zur Verstellung der Kettenspannung
  • Exzenter / Excenter Verstellung
  • Material: Stahl Verzinkt

Letzte Aktualisierung am 2024-03-26 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API  

Now also on WhatsApp Channels

Also follow us on WhatsApp Channels, so you don’t miss anything!

There you will be informed about all new articles and videos

Just click here

Anstehende Veranstaltungen

Now also on WhatsApp Channels

Also follow us on WhatsApp Channels, so you don’t miss anything!

There you will be informed about all new articles and videos

Just click here

Anstehende Veranstaltungen

Share via
Copy link