After the season opener of the MotoGP had to be postponed, the first race of the premier class should to take place on April 5th in Austin. In the meantime, however, this is also very uncertain.
Due to the worldwide spread of the corona virus, it currently looks as if the race in Austin also has to be postponed. A music festival that was supposed to take place there from March 13th to 22nd has already been canceled. Even if the MotoGP weekend has not yet been officially postponed, the chances for the race are getting smaller.
Jorge Viegas, the President of FIM, says it clearly: “The chance that we will see the US Grand Prix on April 5 is very slim. We are working on finding an alternative date for Austin. They are currently developing Things so fast that we can’t say anymore. “
Since the MotoGP calendar is fairly well filled and the race tracks are sometimes also required by other racing series, it is difficult to find free dates. Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta would like to keep all options open and, if necessary, extend the season until Christmas or even January.
In order to choose a world champion, at least 13 GPs must be raced. Ezpeleta is confident that this number will be exceeded. If necessary, he could also imagine several races per weekend or a race without an audience.
- Der dritte Teil der offiziellen Videospielreihe zur AMA Supercross Championship - so authentisch wie nie zuvor!
- Starten Sie Ihre eigene Karriere als Teammitglied eines offiziellen Supercross-Teams
- Spüren Sie den Fahrtwind der Monster Energy Supercross Saison 2019 mit 100 Fahrern, 15 offiziellen Stadien und Rennstrecken
- Mehr Multiplayer als jemals zuvor: viele neue Inhalte, Modi und eigener Streckenkonfigurator
- Audience Rating: Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-02-25 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API