Red Bull KTM Factory Racing with a strong performance
The Red Bull KTM Factory Racing teams put in an impressive performance at the SHARK Grand Prix de France, although victory ultimately remained out of reach. Australian rider Jack Miller led the race on the sunny and crowded Le Mans circuit, while teammate Brad Binder finished sixth. After the fifth of twenty races, both Binder and the team hold third place in their respective championship standings.
Binder made it from tenth on the grid to sixth in the race. However, he suffered a setback in the process when he received a penalty in the form of a long lap penalty after a driving error on the first lap. Miller, who started from fourth on the grid, led the race until he slipped at Turn 4 with three laps to go.
Ducati team with mixed feelings
The French Grand Prix was a rollercoaster ride of emotions for the Ducati Lenovo Team. While Francesco Bagnaia retired after a racing accident with Maverick Viñales, substitute rider Danilo Petrucci narrowly missed out on the top ten, finishing eleventh.
One bright spot, however, was the triumph of VR46 Racing Team’s Marco Bezzecchi on his Desmosedici GP, who won the race. Second and third were Ducati riders Jorge Martín and local hero Johann Zarco of the Pramac Racing Team, meaning the podium was entirely in Ducati hands.
Exciting race for the Repsol Honda Team
Marc Marquez of the Repsol Honda Team showed his best side in an exciting race and fought for a place on the podium until the bitter end. Unfortunately, a riding error resulted in a crash that ended his race.
His teammate Joan Mir had an excellent start to the 27-lap race, but made a few small mistakes as the race progressed, which ultimately resulted in him finishing outside the points and eventually retiring.
Drivers’ comments after the race
After the race, the drivers expressed disappointment, but also optimism for the future. Binder expressed that despite the setback, he made an effort to stay focused and finish the race. Miller, who was unfortunate to retire, stressed that the team had done an excellent job despite the disappointment and that he was already looking forward to the next race at Mugello.
After the race, Bagnaia expressed disappointment at the racing incident with Viñales, but stressed that such situations can happen in racing. Even though he was unable to finish the race, he remains at the top of the standings, just one point ahead of recent GP winner Marco Bezzecchi.
Danilo Petrucci expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to ride the Grand Prix and praised his team for the excellent support. He stressed that the race had been challenging, but he was pleased to have scored points for the team.
Repsol Honda team looks ahead
Marc Marquez was nevertheless pleased with his performance in the race after his retirement. He stressed that he had enjoyed the race and that he appreciated being able to ride again at the level to which he is accustomed. Despite the crash, he praised the team for their continuous hard work and stressed that there is still room for improvement to be as competitive every weekend.
Joan Mir, who suffered a setback after a strong start and was unable to finish the race, emphasized the positive aspects of the race weekend. He highlighted that he was able to maintain a strong race pace and that he and the team will take these positives into preparation for the next race.
On to the next race
After the French Grand Prix, MotoGP will take a three-week break before heading to the Italian GP at Mugello from June 9-11. This race will be a home race for the Ducati Lenovo team and they hope to have the support and cheers of their local fans.
- WARNUNG VOR TAUSENDEN BLITZERN und Gefahrenstellen in Europa, Dank der großen OOONO Community und Blitzer.de - einem der größten Netzwerke der Welt. Keine Abo-Gebühren oder App-Kosten.
- AKTIVIERT SICH AUTOMATISCH, wenn Du Dein Handy bei Dir trägst und sich Dein Wagen in Bewegung setzt. Handy oder App müssen nicht aktiviert werden. So kannst Du das Einschalten der Blitzer-App nicht...
- DEIN CO-DRIVER FÜR AKTUELLEN WARNUNGEN IN ECHTZEIT – mit akustischen und visuellen Signalen, die Dich nicht vom Verkehr ablenken. Kann von mehreren Familienmitgliedern verwendet werden und lässt...
- SPART AKKU UND DATENVOLUMEN im Vergleich zur Blitzer.de App. Batteriebetrieben durch eine CR2450-Standardbatterie, welche nach ca. 30.000 km. problemlos gewechselt werden kann.
- SICHERHEITSHINWEIS: Der OOONO CO-DRIVER soll Deine Sicherheit im Straßenverkehr erhöhen. Bitte achte auf die geltenden Verkehrsregeln und Bestimmungen der StVO. Die Nutzung von Gefahrenwarnern...
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-12-05 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API