Ben and Tom Birchall broke the record for sidecars with a time of 117.119 mph.
In the opening rounds the Brichalls managed to reach 115,965 mph and drove a lead of 12 seconds to Holden / Cain. Molyneux / Syle were on three, Founds / Lowther only 1.6 seconds behind. Reeves / Wilkers could point Founds / Walmsley to six.
Even on the second round, the Birchalls did not let go. At each measuring point, they were able to further expand their leadership. After the round, it was clear, new round record with 117.119 mph. That was the first 117 mph round for the sidecar at all.
Holden / Cain were 25 seconds behind, but also had an advantage of 7.6 seconds on Molyneux / Sayle.
Between Molyneux / Sayle and Founds / Lowther it was once again scarce. Especially since Sayle was injured on the ribs during the race, but they could save themselves on the podium.
Reeves / Wilkes were fifth ahead of Founds / Walmsley and Harrison / Winkle
In the third round there was still an incident at Ramsey Hairpin because of drizzle. A side car came too close to the spectators. No one was injured. The restricted area is now expanded there.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-12-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Results of the Isle of Man 2017 Monster Energy Supersport TT # 1
Pos Rider Machine/Entrant Time Speed
- Ben Birchall / Tom Birchall LCR / IEG Racing 58:31.967 – 116.027
- John Holden / Lee Cain Honda / Silicone Engineering/Barnes Racing 58:57.636 – 115.185
- Dave Molyneux / Daniel Sayle Yamaha / DMR/A&J RACING 59:16.353 – 114.579
- Alan Founds / Jake Lowther Yamaha / Brian Gray Powerbiking and Trustland Constr 59:22.006 – 114.397
- Tim Reeves / Mark Wilkes* Honda / Klaffi Racing 59:36.012 – 113.949
- Peter Founds / Jevan Walmsley Suzuki / Trustland Group 01:00:01.277 – 113.150
- Conrad Harrison / Andrew Winkle Honda / Printing Roller Services 01:01:49.757 – 109.841
- Tony Baker / Fiona Baker-Holden Suzuki / Silicone Engineering and Carl Cox Motorsport 01:02:31.981 – 108.605
- Karl Bennett / Maxime Vasseur Suzuki / Bennett Racing 01:02:52.131 – 108.025
- Wayne Lockey / Mark Sayers Ireson Honda / Real Racing 01:03:03.172 – 107.710
- Estelle Leblond / Melanie Farnier SGR / Racingside 01:03:06.641 – 107.611
- Mick Alton / Chrissie Clancy LCR Suzuki / J & C Contracting 01:03:30.650 – 106.933
- Robert Handcock / Ken Edwards Baker / Maddockhire/Portable Energy 01:03:32.775 – 106.873
- Gregory Lambert / Julie Canipa Honda / John Yates Golden Fleece York/Biker Construc 01:03:35.854 – 106.787
- Allan Schofield / Steve Thomas Suzuki / SRT motorcycles 01:03:48.936 – 106.422
- Darren Hope / Shaun Parker Suzuki / Apache Construction/Bar Logo 01:04:36.584 – 105.114
- Gordon Shand / Philip Hyde Shand / Kevin Ashworth Machined Timber 01:04:37.358 – 105.093
- John Saunders / Frank Claeys Shelbourne / Stapletons Tyre Services 01:04:45.656 – 104.869
- Mike Roscher / Ben Hughes LCR Suzuki / Roscher Racing by Penz13.com 01:04:58.611 – 104.520
- Francois Leblond / Bruno Picquoin Shelbourne Suzuki / Racing Side 01:05:18.314 – 103.995
- Gary Gibson* / Daryl Gibson* Suzuki / GDM Logistics 01:05:19.323 – 103.968
- Howard Baker / Mike Killingsworth Honda / BK Racing 01:05:36.089 – 103.525
- Dave Wallis / Scott Hardie* Suzuki / Amber Valley Petpals 01:05:48.253 – 103.206
- Roy Tansley / Darren Prentis MR Equipe / Proshift.com / Mike Austin Racing 01:06:12.142 – 102.585
- Kevin Thornton / Dave Dean Suzuki / Thornton Racing 01:09:43.295 – 97.407
- Lewis Blackstock / Patrick Rosney Suzuki / Dave Holden Racing 01:09:49.848 – 97.255
- Nigel Smith / Chris McGahan Honda / NSR 01:10:17.222 – 96.624
- Franck Barbier / Goulven Crochemore* SGR Suzuki / ASM Armagnac 01:11:02.077 – 95.607
- John Shipley / Dicky Gale LCR Suzuki / Team Shipley Racing 01:16:13.423 – 59.399