The Indian Scout Bobber, modified for acceleration races, will ride on the ice over the deepest lake on earth.
The Baikal Mile Ice Speed Festival will take place in Siberia from March 25th to March 1st, 2020. It was held for the first time in 2019 and is expected to be an annual event in the future. The venue is the ice in front of the eastern shore of Lake Baikal. The extreme conditions make it one of the most unique international motorsport and racing culture events.
Race on the ice
Accelerations are carried out on 1/8 or 1-mile tracks on the frozen lake. The goal is to set speed records.
Brice Hennebert, creator of Appaloosa, is looking forward to the challenge, “The feeling is crazy, it’s a bit like going racing on the moon. There’s absolutely no reference point, we go to a desert of ice in Siberia where it can be -40°C at night -20°C during the day. I’m super excited and a bit lost at the same time as we have no idea what to expect. With just a few days before the flight, I’m focussing on the practical aspects, but I know this journey will be one of the most insane experiences of my life.”
Modification of the 1/8 mile racer
Hennebert originally rebuilt the Scout Bobber for the 2019 Sultans of Sprint series, a racing series that is held at various events, such as the Glemseck 101 or the Wheels and Waves.
For the rides on ice and the cold conditions, a lot had to be adjusted again. The Dunlop SportSmart Mk3 have been fitted with hundreds of spikes. For this alone four days were needed.
Since the engine cooling is even counterproductive in the freezing temperatures, the “mouth” of the fairing was closed with a cover made of carbon fiber. Only small air intakes were incorporated into the side panel.
The NOS system (nitrous oxide injection) had to be re-tuned.
The new Öhlins Racing steering damper is designed to keep the Appaloosa quiet at high speeds.
The fairing areas around the wheels were closed to keep the ice from the spike tires from the driver.
Last but not least, the motorcycle was given a update.
For such an extreme challenge, Brice has chosen his teammates carefully. “I’m lucky enough to share this incredible adventure with two of my best friends. Sébastien Lorentz and Dorsan “DJ Peeta Selecta,” he says. “Seb, from Lucky Cat Garage and organiser of the Sultans of Sprint championship, will be piloting Appaloosa. Dorsan, the DJ for Sultans of Sprint, will be helping me with the technical aspects as he will all season. Dorsan will also be keeping the ice party going as DJ for the Baikal Mile Speed Festival.”
Sébastien Lorentz commented, “This will be an extraordinary adventure for us all, what can I say? I feel excited to race on ice for the first time, honoured to ride the IndianxWorkhorse Appaloosa and I can’t wait to see what we can achieve with that beast in such crazy riding conditions. I think we are well prepared, and we’ll all give our best to achieve a great result.”
- The Bike Shield muss sicher im Boden verankert werden. Einfach zu handhabende Schutz- und Abdeckungsmöglichkeit mit einem Design, das sich wie ein Zelt als Motorradgarage um Ihr Motorrad legt und es...
- 1 Jahr Garantie. 16 Quadratrohre, eine Bodenplatte und ein Verriegelungssystem, alle mit Galvanisierung, sorgen dafür, dass Ihr Motorrad sicher geschützt ist.
- 100 % wasserdicht, besonders dicke Polyurethanbeschichtung auf der Innenseite mit einer Wassersäule von 2000 mm. Außenseite mit stark wasserabweisenden Eigenschaften und Schutz vor schädlicher...
- Um Feuchtigkeit aus der Motorradgarage abzuführen, ist sie mit Belüftungsöffnungen ausgestattet.
- Praktisch - kein Kontakt von Auspuff und Abdeckung, einfach parken und abdecken, alles in nur drei Sekunden.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-02-25 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API