Playful drive on asphalt: a portrait of the Ducati Hypermotard 698 Mono
The Ducati Hypermotard 698 Mono, freshly presented in the Ducati World Première web series, is the first single-cylinder Supermotard from the Italian motorcycle manufacturer. Ducati’s creation aims to offer powerful and entertaining riding dynamics on the road and in urban environments. The vehicle therefore draws on the technological achievements of the Panigale range to fulfill this aspiration.
The heart of pleasure: the Superquadro Mono engine
The power unit of the Hypermotard 698 Mono is based on the two-cylinder engine of the 1299 Panigale and shares its 116 mm bore. The Superquadro Mono engine delivers an impressive 77.5 hp at 9,750 rpm and achieves a maximum torque of 62.7 Nm at 8,000 rpm.
Enhanced by a Termignoni racing exhaust system, the power output rises to 84.5 hp, setting new records in the single-cylinder engine segment. This increase in power not only ensures better acceleration values, but also an even more powerful response across the entire rev range.
State-of-the-art: electronic assistance systems
The Hypermotard 698 Mono has a comprehensive electronics package that even includes elements of the Panigale V4 and aims to position itself at the top of its segment. The equipment is designed to increase riding safety and at the same time maximize riding enjoyment, both for Supermotard newcomers and experienced riders.
A key feature is the curve-optimized ABS, which has been specially developed for the Supermotard riding style and can be configured across four levels. Two of these levels offer the innovative slide-by-brake function, which enables controlled drift angles in corners – ideal for sporty riding on the racetrack.
The bike also supports the rider with Ducati Traction Control, Engine Brake Control and Wheelie Control to get the most out of the engine and fully utilize the chassis. These assistance systems are linked to four riding modes – Sport, Road, Urban and Wet – which can be adjusted depending on the conditions. The modes and individual settings are managed via a 3.8″ LCD display.
For riders who want to perfect their drifting, the bike offers a sporty drifting experience with Level 2 of Slide-by-Brake, while Level 1 activates ABS on the front wheel only, for professionals who want to stay in control even when drifting.
Wheelie Control can be regulated in four stages and offers a range of options from controlled front wheel lift to maximum acceleration out of corners. A special Ducati Performance software package for Wheelie Control is also available for use on the racetrack, which, in conjunction with the Termignoni racing exhaust, makes it easier to perform controlled wheelies by regulating the engine torque.
Pure Ducati design
The design of the Hypermotard 698 Mono embodies the essence of a Supermotard with sleek and aggressive lines that are emphasized by reduced superstructures and the high, flat seat design. The LED lighting and the special ‘graffiti’ design of the RVE version give the bike an unmistakable look.
Chassis and ergonomics: precision and control
With its low weight and compact design, the Hypermotard 698 Mono aims to redefine new standards in terms of handling and ergonomics. The motorcycle weighs just 151 kg (dry) and owes this lightness in part to a tubular trellis frame that weighs just 7.2 kg.
The suspension aims to offer a responsive and sensitive riding experience with a fully adjustable Marzocchi fork and a progressive linkage system. The rear shock absorber is also fully adjustable.
The wheels, fitted with 120/70 ZR 17 front and 160/60 ZR 17 rear Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV tires, provide the necessary grip on the asphalt.
In terms of brakes, the Hypermotard 698 Mono relies on a Brembo configuration with a single 330 mm disc at the front and a 240 mm disc at the rear.
The ergonomics have been designed with maximum control and comfort in sporty use in mind. The riding position allows both classic riding with the leg down and sportier riding with the knee on the ground. The variable cross-section of the handlebars enables a dominant position that facilitates body movements and can even be adjusted in the forward position using eccentric U-bolts.
The footrests are designed to allow a high degree of lean angle freedom and, once the rubber inserts are removed, offer maximum grip with racing boots. The slim structure of the superstructure and the flat seat, which is covered in a grippy fabric, make it easier to move the body and legs, which should make handling intuitive and direct overall.
Race track upgrade and fashionable companions
Ducati offers a performance package for racetrack enthusiasts, including a racing exhaust and various carbon components. One highlight is of course the Termignoni racing exhaust, which achieves an output of 84.5 hp.
There is also a dedicated clothing line to match, ranging from a special jacket to special motorcycle boots and an aggressive helmet.
Availability in color and performance
From January, the Hypermotard 698 Mono will be available in classic Ducati red or the RVE version with a black frame and quickshifter as standard. For A2 license holders, there is a version throttled to 35 kW (47.6 PS, 47 hp, 35 kW), which makes the Supermotard experience accessible to beginners.
Information on the price has not yet been announced.
Main standard equipment
- Ducati Superquadro Mono engine with bore and stroke of 116 and 62.4 mm, 659 cc,
- maximum power of 77.5 hp at 9,750 rpm, maximum torque of 6.4 kgm at 8,000 rpm (A2
- version 43.5 hp at 6,250 rpm and 5 kgm at 5,750 rpm), box-in-box piston, desmodromic
- distribution with titanium intake valves
- Steel trellis frame with tubes of different sections and thicknesses, steel tube subframe and
- aluminium double-sided swingarm
- 45 mm Marzocchi upside-down fork, fully adjustable, with upper adjusters for hydraulic
- calibrations, 215 mm travel. Fully adjustable Sachs monoshock with interposition of
- progressive linkages, external adjusters for hydraulic calibrations, wheel travel 240 mm.
- 5-spoke alloy wheels 120/70-17” and 160/60-17”with Pirelli DIABLO™ Rosso IV tyres
- Bosch-Brembo ABS 10.3ME Cornering braking system
- 330 mm diameter front disc with aluminium flange and Brembo M4.32 4-piston radial caliper
- Rider footrests optimized for sport riding with removable rubber covering for maximum grip
- with racing boots
- Full LED headlight with double-C DRL, Full-LED rear light
- Dashboard with 3.8” IBN (Improved Black Nematic) LCD screen with gear shift LED
- Lithium ion battery
- Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- 3 Power Modes (Low, Mid, High)
- 4 Riding Modes (Sport, Road, Urban, Wet)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Engine Brake Control (EBC)
- Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
- Ducati Link Ready with infotainment apps
- Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) Up&Down
- RVE, with dedicated graphics and DQS as standard
- Standard, with Ducati red graphics
- Hochwertige Motorradspiegel zum kleinen Preis!
- Diese Spiegel sind äußerst hochwertig und sauber verarbeitet - Ein absoluter Hingucker für jeden Umb
- Dieser Auspuffrohrschutz kann das Auspuffrohr vor Kratzern schützen, wenn es herunterfällt.
- 150 g Gewicht belastet das Fahrrad nicht, es beeinträchtigt nicht die Leistung beim Rennen oder Fahren, während das Auspuffrohr geschützt wird.
- Aus hitzebeständigem Silikon und Edelstahl, langlebig und hitzebeständig.
- Dies ist das brillante Schutzgerät, das Sie unbedingt haben müssen.
- Dieses Supermoto Motorrad Racing Design ist perfekt für alle Jungs, Mädels und Kinder, für alle Fans von Supermoto, Supermotard, Enduro, Motocross und Offroad. Exc 250 oder die Exc 125 mit diesem...
- Das Supermoto Fahrer Design ist füt alle die Supermoto und ihre EXC 520 lieben .Exc Lichtmaske . Exc 250 oder die Exc 125 mit diesem Exc 400 Motic kommst du bei deinen Freunden richtig gut an ....
- Klassisch geschnitten, doppelt genähter Saum.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-12-04 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API