The tenth stage went from Haradh to Shubaytah. The rated distance should be 534 kilometers, but had to be stopped after 345 kilometers.
Since there were several accidents, all helicopters were in use. As “quick first aid” was no longer possible for another accident, the stage was ended prematurely.
Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) started the stage first, but lost around four minutes before the first checkpoint. Another two minutes were added, which ultimately put him in seventh place in the daily standings.
Things went better for Barreda, who took the virtual lead early on. Since he was able to win this stage, he must start as first on a difficult to navigate route on Thursday. That could turn out to be a disadvantage.
The leader in the overall classification, Ricky Brabec (Honda), was able to hang onto Barreda and took second place. This enabled him to extend his overall lead even further.
Result of stage 10 (Top 10):
- Joan Barreda (Honda) – 02:11:42 Stunden
- Ricky Brabec (Honda) +1:07 Minuten
- Kevin Benavides (Honda) +2:31
- Toby Price (KTM) +2:57
- Luciano Benavides (KTM) +4:14
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +5:23
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +5:58
- Ross Branch (KTM) +8:45
- Maurizio Gerini (Husqvarna) +13:08
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +13:09
Overall ranking after 10 of 12 stages (Top 10):
- Ricky Brabec (Honda) – 34:12:18 Stunden
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +25:44 Minuten
- Joan Barreda (Honda) +27:09
- Toby Price (KTM) +28:33
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +41:31
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +41:32
- Luciano Benavides (KTM) +44:18
- Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) +1:43:21 Stunden
- Franco Caimi (Yamaha) +1:43:57
- Stefan Svitko (KTM) +2:02:10
- Produkt code: LR-710.31.95
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-06-20 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API