On the sixth day of the Dakar, 830 km had to be driven from Ha`il to Riyadh. 477 km counted. The section was completely offoad on sandy ground.
Again, the road book was only issued shortly before the start. Since Price won the stage yesterday, he had to start first, which made it particularly difficult for him to navigate.
At kilometer 425, Price had a problem with the rear tire of his KTM and could not continue. Husqvarna driver Andrew Short gave a tire to Price so that he could continue. Shortly before the finish, Kevin Benavides retired with engine damage.
Brabec took this Dakar’s second stage win. His teammate Joan Barreda followed in second place.
Result of the 6th stage (Top 10):
- Ricky Brabec (Honda) – 4:36:28 Stunden
- Joan Barreda (Honda) +1:34 Minuten
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +2:45
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +4:55
- Luciano Benavides (KTM) +5:02
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +5:16
- Franco Caimi (Yamaha) +8:13
- Paulo Goncalves (Hero) +8:16
- Stefan Svitko (KTM) +10:56
- Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) +15:03
Overall ranking after 6 of 12 stages (Top 10):
- Ricky Brabec (Honda) – 23:43:47 Stunden
- Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) +20:56 Minuten
- Toby Price (KTM) +25:39
- Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) +25:41
- Joan Barreda (Honda) +32:58
- Matthias Walkner (KTM) +33:39
- Luciano Benavides (Honda) +39:02
- Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) +1:04:50 Stunden
- Stefan Svitko (KTM) +1:07:49
- Franco Caimi (Yamaha) +1:10:24
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API