BMW presents innovative smartglasses for motorcyclists
BMW recently took a new step in the technological development of motorcycle accessories by introducing the ConnectedRide Smartglasses. These special motorcycle glasses use technology that originated in the automotive sector: the head-up display. This system provides real-time, important riding data, including navigation instructions, speed indicator and gear information. Displaying this information directly in the field of vision could increase driving safety.
Focus on comfort and adaptability
The ConnectedRide Smartglasses are designed to be uncomplicated to use thanks to their Bluetooth or app connection with the smartphone, and are theoretically even possible while riding (even via a multicontroller on the motorcycle). Furthermore, the design allows for adjustments to different helmet shapes as well as different facial contours, which supports the wearing comfort even on longer rides. The lithium-ion battery integrated into the goggles enables a runtime of up to ten hours.
Additional features and customization
Included with the ConnectedRide Smartglasses are two sets of certified UVA/UVB lenses. One of the sets consists of 85% transparent lenses, while the other set includes tinted lenses. For users with vision aids, BMW offers an additional RX adapter that can be ordered online if needed. This adapter allows for visual acuity adjustments of up to +/- 4.5 diopters.
Technical data and availability
The ConnectedRide Smartglasses are offered in two sizes (M and L) suitable for different pupil distances. They feature real-time GPS data transmission and a customizable user interface. An integrated light sensor and optics module ensure reliable data transmission and display.
The smartglasses are designed to operate at temperatures from -10°C to +50°C and are available in anthracite. They will be presented to the public on July 7, 2023, as part of the BMW Motorrad Days in Berlin. The recommended retail price is €690.00 (about USD 776.50, approximately GBP 588).
Highlights of the BMW Motorrad ConnectedRide Smartglasses:
- Two sizes (M + L) available with different nose pads.
- M for pupil distance 53 to 67mm, L for 59 to 73mm.
- Two lens sets (1x tinted lens and 1x 85% transparent lens), integrated light sensor, certified UVA/UVB filter.
- RX adapter for adjustment to the required visual acuity (up to max. 4.5 diopters).
- Connection via Bluetooth to smartphone and BMW Motorrad Connected app.
- GPS data transfer in real time from app to smartglasses.
- Head-up function for navigation with individual display.
- Display of speed, speed limit, gear number and navigation (reduced arrow display or detailed navigation with street names, intersections and precise directions).
- Integrated light sensor and integrated optics module for secure data transfer or display on the top left of the right glass.
- Lithium-ion battery with up to ten hours of operation.
- USB charging cable.
- Operating temperature range -10° to +50°C.
- Color: anthracite.
- Recommended retail price (RRP): €690.00.
- Auch für Brillenträger geeignet
- Individualisierbare Anzeige
- Akkulaufzeit: 12 Stunden
- Monochrome Informationsdarstellung
- Leicht: unter 50g
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-08 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API