The KTM RC 390 gets an update. The small supersporter is inspired by the Moto3 and the racing gene shows it also in the RC-Cup.
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]On the road, the RC 390 is definitely suitable for a sporty driving style.
Brief overview of the new features:
It gets a new ride-by-wire which is supposed to provide a better connection between the engine and the driver.
The underfloor exhaust now moves back to the side. For this, the lower panel area had to be redesigned. The current exhaust gas standards can be fulfilled and the sound can be retained.
At the front, the brake disk increases by 20 to 320 mm. The 4-piston brake caliper was developed by Brembo. When combined with the Bosch ABS and the new Power Assist Slipper Clutch, it allows a more aggressive delay. A more aggressive shift-down of the gears is also possible, since the PASC clutch prevents the rear wheel from locking, even at a too high speed for the smaller gear.
Brake and clutch levers are now adjustable and the rearview mirrors have been widened. The passenger seat is now more comfortable.
What’s new about the KTM RC 390 (from the press release):
Extremely powerful 373.2ccm-1 cylinder, 4-stroke DOHC engine, electronic fuel injection. Euro 4-compliant without compromising performance – the single-cylinder delivers 32 kW / 44 hp.
The Ride-by-Wire, introduced in 2016, enables RC drivers to fully and precisely control the already gentle power output while improving efficiency. The use of CAN-BUS as part of the Ride-by-Wire improves cable routing.
The 2017 exhaust system is not only visually a step forward compared to the underfloor silencer of the predecessor model. It consists of an underfloor stainless steel front silencer and an aluminum absorption muffler that incorporates the catalytic converter. New brackets were developed for the new exhaust system and the passenger footrest was adapted for this new task.
The new PASC clutch (Power Assist Slipper Clutch) minimizes chattering at the rear wheel when braking sharply before a turn or aggressive downshift. The PASC coupling can be retrofitted with previous models of the KTM RC 390 and is also driven by the pilots of the KTM RC CUP!
Adjustable brake and clutch levers
Our customers have always asked and we have listened. Adjustable brake and clutch levers provide drivers with ultimate control with fingertips.
After two years on the streets of the world, customer feedback was clear: broader back-end mirrors. And here they are.
Activated carbon canisters prevent fuel evaporation from the tank.
The Soziussitzbank is integrated into the one-piece seat unit and is now even more comfortable thanks to a 12 mm thick seat cushion.
Larger Brake Disk
The braking system, developed in cooperation with Brembo, is equipped with a 20 mm larger brake disk (320 mm), which ensures optimum deceleration and perfect handling.
The unique design of the RC does not require any change. After the under-floor muffler had to give way to a side-mounted rear muffler, the bow spoiler was reworked to fit perfectly to the new exhaust system and to create more ground clearance.
- Condition:100% Brand New AFTERMARKET PARTS
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum,Laser cut from high-strength aluminium alloy
- Qty:1x Chain Guard Cover,Easy to install
- perfect for replaces or upgrade the stock cover.
- Effectively Protect Your Bike's Chain and Getting some eye-catching parts for your bike..
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2019-11-02 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
- Engine 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement 373.2 cc
- Bore / stroke 89/60 mm
- Power 32 kW (44 hp) @ 9,500 rpm
- Torque 35 Nm @ 7,250 rpm
- Compaction 12.5: 1
- Starter / battery Electric starter system / 12V, 8 Ah
- Transmission 6 speeds
- Mixture preparation Bosch EFI (throttle valve 46 mm)
- Control 4 V / DOHC
- Lubrication Semi-dry sump lubrication
- Engine oil Motorex-Formula-4T
- Primary Drive 30:80
- Secondary translation 15:45
- Cooling liquid cooling
- Clutch PASC clutch (Power Assist Slipper Clutch), mechanically operated
- Engine management system / ignition Bosch-EMS with RBW
- Traction control N / A
- Steel grate tube frame, powder-coated
- Rear frame steel
- Handlebar Steel Mute Bracket
- Front suspension WP-USD Ø 43 mm
- Suspension rear WP spring strut
- Front / rear spring travel 125/150 mm
- Front brake 4-piston radial-mounted caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
- Rear brake 1-piston floating saddle, brake caliper Ø 230 mm
- ABS Bosch 9MB 2-channel ABS (can be switched off)
- Wheels front / rear
- Tires front / rear Alloy wheels 3,00 x 17 “, 4.00 x 17” 110/70 ZR 17; 150/60 ZR 17
- Chain X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 “
- Muffler Stainless steel front silencer and aluminum absorption muffler
- Control head angle 66.5 °
- Caster 88 mm
- Wheelbase 1.340 ± 15 mm
- Ground clearance 178.5 mm
- Seat height 820 mm
- Fuel tank capacity approx. 10 liters
- Dry weight approx. 147 kg