Metzeler has introduced the new Karoo4, which will replace the current 3 version. It is a lugged tire designed specifically for adventure bikes and maxi enduros.
The tire is suitable for both on- and off-road use. It is designed to safely bring the performance of modern medium and large displacement enduros to the dirt or road. According to Metzeler, the Karoo 4 steps it up a notch compared to the 3 version, whether in the wet, dry or fully loaded.
The METZELER KAROO™ 4 is the ideal choice for:
- Adventure bike owners who use their motorcycle on and off road. They are looking for reliability and performance in different weather conditions, as well as stability even when fully loaded and good mileage.
- Adventurous motorcyclists who like to demonstrate their skills off-road and are therefore looking for a tire with strong off-road performance.
- Owners of scramblers who value an aggressive-core look of the tires, without wanting to sacrifice road capability. Their particular focus is also on good handling and safety in the wet.
The advantages of the KAROO™ 4
The main advantages of the KAROO™ 4 are:
- Top traction off-road thanks to patented tread design.
- Strong on-road performance even when fully loaded, thanks to contours developed with METZELER MRC technology for optimized lug placement
- Extreme resistance to abrasion and damage of lugs and tread thanks to carbon black-based compounds and optimized contact patches
- Top performance in wet conditions and very good cooperation with electronic driving aids. Thanks to a combination of different technologies, the KAROO™ 4 scores high on safety – in all weather conditions and on a wide range of road surfaces, as well as during emergency braking with ABS.
The tread of the KAROO™ 4 features:
- Patented DETRATEC™ design, consisting of central, slightly curved lugs (in a “spoon” shape) separated from the lateral lugs by a wavy longitudinal groove. The combination of these elements has a dual function: on the one hand, the lugs trap loose ground between them, thus improving lateral traction, and on the other hand, they then release it by self-cleaning after contact with the ground.
- Multi-pitch design. The lugs repeat in an irregular cadence. This improves the tire’s rolling behavior on asphalt.
- Optimized contact patch. Compared to the KAROO™ 3, more lugs are now part of the contact patch to improve road holding and cooperation with electronic driving aids.
- The patented DYMATEC™ technology ensures the functional structure of the lugs, keeping the tire performing for a long time. It features variable angles in the lateral surfaces of the individual lugs and depends on their positioning along the tread. As a result, the strength of the tread pattern is improved and even wear is achieved.
The KAROO™ 4 will be available in the following sizes from March 2022:
- 19″ 100/90-19 57Q M+S TL
- 19″ 110/80 R 19 59Q M+S TL
- 19″ 120/70 R 19 60Q M+S TL
- 21″ 90/90-21 54Q M+S TL
- 17″ 130/80 R 17 65Q M+S TL
- 17″ 140/80 R 17 69Q M+S TL
- 17″ 150/70 R 17 69Q M+S TL
- 17″ 170/60 R 17 72Q M+S TL
- 18″ 140/80 – 18 70Q M+S TL
- 18″ 150/70 R 18 70Q M+S TL
- Maßstab 1:12
- Gesamtlänge 173 mm
- Breite 67 mm
- Gesamthöhe 93 mm
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-12-30 / *Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API